Go! Southampton is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Go! Southampton, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as if you enquire about our services, apply for membership or project funding, become a business partner, a levy payer or a supply chain provider. We are initially provided with levy payer information by Southampton City Council, but we also collect information online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions with you or from information received from you.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold includes name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses, business name, twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn account, bank details and transaction history.
How we use your information
We lawfully process your information to fulfil the contract as a levy payer, as a business partner, managed service provider or funding applicant. We use your information in the following ways:
• To provide you with the information you requested.
• To ensure you receive information in our newsletter.
• To process your payments.
• To provide you with project funding.
• Where you have not opted-out, we will use your information for the legitimate business interest of sending you information about our work, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other charity. We will however share your information with:
• HMRC to comply with legislation governing Contract law.
• Our suppliers who manage some of our marketing, web services and Group Procurement scheme.
Our suppliers are bound by UK privacy law and the terms of the contracts we have with them.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by GO! Southampton or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
Within GO! Southampton your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the Go! Southampton’s Information Security Policy.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 5 years we will delete your data. We will also delete personal information after a period of 7 years for supplier related contracts that have been inactive.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
• have inaccurate personal data rectified.
• request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at email@example.com