27 July 2023
GO! Southampton is looking for a new person to join its friendly team in the role of Administration Officer [Fixed Term Contract/ Maternity Cover]
GO! Southampton is the city’s Business Improvement District (also known as a BID). We represent over 630 city centre businesses. Our mission is to continuously improve the city centre by delivering relevant services, providing a voice for business, influencing strategy and being a catalyst for positive change.
We are recruiting for an Administration Officer [Maternity Cover] to support the Business Relations Manager, to ensure the smooth running of the office. The role will be varied, involving a range of tasks to support all administration aspects of the Business Improvement District. The role will include support for the Southampton Business Crime Partnership team, and supporting city/business events, and BID projects.
- Supporting facilities management issues and ensuring office is kept in order.
- Understanding how all office equipment and systems work, to be able to help staff or arrange training, as required.
- Ensuring office equipment is maintained, faults resolved, and consumables ordered when necessary. Manage stock levels of stationery and supplies.
- Welcoming visitors to the office and providing refreshments.
- Assisting with elements of human resources (HR), including inductions.
- Manage and promote the Employee Assistance Program
Meeting & Event Management
- Booking venues and catering for meetings and events.
- Manage meeting and event attendee lists.
- Draft and collating presentations and papers.
- Taking minutes of meetings, including Board Meetings and Theme Groups.
- Ensuring required equipment is prepared for meetings and events.
- Coordinate meeting dates and maintain the meeting schedule.
- Printing and organising name badges for business events.
- Assistance at events to ensure their smooth running.
- Checking and processing invoices received.
- Issuing invoices and purchase orders.
- Assisting with credit card expenses and employee expense process to ensure receipts are accurately recorded in a timely manner.
- Liaising with accounts team and suppliers to ensure all parties are clear about the paying process and resolve concerns.
Additional Support Activities
- Representing GO! Southampton on stands at various events such as Freshers’ Fairs, University Open Days and Southampton Pride.
- Assisting with project logistics such as leaflet distribution and mailings.
- Update the Events and Vacancies pages on the GO! Southampton website.
- Undertaking any other task commensurate with this role.
Database and Relationship Management
- Supporting the Southampton Business Crime Partnership team with data input, record management and other administrational tasks.
- Keeping the CRM database up to date and using it to send out mailings.
- Assisting the team with recording business interactions.
- Using the CRM to compile lists and reports.
- Liaising with Southampton City Council on issues around the collection of BID Member levy and Member data.
- Significant experience in an administrative or similar role.
- Confident IT user.
- Experience of formatting in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in managing multiple projects to strict deadlines and budgets.
- Good attention to detail.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience in minute taking.
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems.
- An understanding of Business Improvement Districts.
Working Arrangements and Pay
Term of contract: This contract is fixed term in duration to cover a period of maternity leave. It is anticipated that the contract will commence from 1st September 2023 and end on 9th October 2024, however candidates are advised that the end date may change and will terminate upon the return of the employee from maternity leave which may be earlier than stated.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Some evening, early morning and weekend work required.
Reporting to: Business Relations Manager, Gemma Pratt
Location of work: GO! Southampton Office, Network Eagle Lab, Portland Terrace, Southampton, SO14 7SJ
Holiday: 25 days holiday per annum, pro rata, in addition to public holidays.
Pension: Contributory pension after probationary period of 3 months.
Parking: There is no onsite parking available.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th August 2023. Interviews will take place on Monday 14th August (and Tuesday 15th August if needed). Please note, we may close this vacancy early, if we are able to find and interview the right person before.