Supporting Parents In The Workforce
April 06 @ 9:30 - 16:00
Free training for employers, SMEs and businesses in the South East and South West of England.
Location: New Place Hotel, Shirrell Heath, Southampton, SO32 2JY
Southampton City Council, on behalf of the PATH project, are running a free training session around how to create, nurture and support parental wellbeing in the workplace.
Parental Mental Health
10-20% of women develop a mental illness during pregnancy or the first year after having a baby and we want to empower employers to recognise and understand how this might impact mums, dads, partners and families in their organisation. Fewer than one in five women feel confident returning to work after maternity leave* and these could mean your business is at risk of losing experienced and skilled talent and having to spend money and time on recruiting and training new staff.
About The Training
This session aims to make you feel more confident in supporting employees through their parenting journey:
- Learn about how creating an open and compassionate culture in your organisation can reduce staff turnover
- Feel more confident identifying and dealing with issues around perinatal mental health
- Discuss ideas around how changes could be implemented in your organisation
- Network with other businesses and share best practice
- Take the first steps towards becoming a PATH Parent-Friendly employer
This training is completely free. Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
For more information about PATH and how we are supporting employers, please visit path-perinatal.eu/uk/employers
If you would like to attend this training, please register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/getting-the-most-from-the-parents-in-your-workforce-tickets-306507902387
- April 06
- 9:30 - 16:00
- Southampton City Council