Volunteer - Southampton Pride
Southampton Pride is a completely volunteer lead organisation with none of our family being paid for the work we do. Without the hard work of our incredible volunteers, our event simply could not operate.
If you are interested in joining our Pride Family, we are always looking for brand new volunteers to assist us in putting on the best LGBT+ pride event possible. Regardless of your background or experience, we would love to hear from you and find you the most suitable role to match your interests.
We need volunteers for the following roles:
- Pride Volunteer: A volunteer with various roles on the day, on a need to do basis. This could include. Crowd Management, fundraising, merchandising, clean up, maintaining health and safety etc.
- Gate Team: We need a dedicated gate team to work alongside the security team. This includes security checks on the public, queue management and maintaining the safety of the pride event.
- Fundraising Team: We are looking for people that are naturally talented in fundraising. All the money goes to the protection of the future of pride. We also support two local LGBT+ charities.
- Breakdown Team: This is breaking down the pride village at the end of the day. This could suit someone who doesn’t like the crowds of an event. This role starts at 9.30 and finishes as soon as everything is done.
- Pride March Team: We are looking for people to help in the supervision of the march. This includes the set up of the march, monitoring and support of the parade itself. 1-5 (this will include general pride volunteering after the march has been completed).
For more information, or to apply to be a dedicated volunteer visit https://southamptonpride.org/volunteer/
Location: Guildhall Square, Above Bar St, Southampton SO14 7DU
CLOSING DATE: 27 August 2022