Learning & Development Coach - Retail Southampton
Learning & Development Coach – Retail Southampton
- Posted25 January 2024
- Location Southampton
- Business Area Admin
Hays Travel, the UK’s largest independent travel agent, specialises in providing good value, quality holidays alongside excellent customer service with 420 branches and circa 3000 colleagues. It is part of a much larger operation with independent partners and franchises and together this makes an excellent learning environment for our apprentices.
The Company has invested in apprenticeships since 1980 becoming an accredited employer in 2010. We are committed to our talent of the future evolving from the apprentices we recruit.
n Purpose of role
The role will be suited to someone who has a passion for learning and development supporting our apprentices from the day they start with the company and throughout their apprenticeship.
Hays Travel pride themselves on delivering exceptional customer service therefore we require someone who share the same values and ethos.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the training delivery and assessment for a cohort of Retail apprentices working though their Travel Consultant Apprenticeship.
- Assess, Coach and develop apprentices during their individual progress reviews, whilst selecting quality evidence to showcase and stretch the capabilities of each apprentice.
- Deliver inspiring and motivational training that engages learners to achieve the desired impact
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training sessions suggesting any improvements.
- Research and write engaging training content for both a virtual and classroom delivery.
- Strong awareness of Safeguarding, Prevent and British values
- Effectively communicate and positively promote organisational changes
- Knowledge and a high level of competency with department and company technology
- Be able to self-reflect and identify areas for personal development
- Motivated ‘can do’ attitude, who strives for excellence in all areas of their role
- Exceptional Time Management, Organisational skills, and Attention to Detail
- Provide exceptional customer service at all time
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience working in a Customer Service environment.
- Previous Experience in a Retail Travel sales
- Previous experience of classroom/remote delivery
- Previous delivery experience of Core Skills
Desirable but not essential
- Level 3 + qualification in Education and Training
- Level 3 assessment award
- Level 4 Quality Assurance
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong initiative skills to drive business objectives forward.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Strong digital skills
- Assertive/confident classroom management techniques
Please note, the job expiry date is estimated. If you are interested in this role, do not delay applying.
Location: 91 Above Bar St, Southampton SO14 7FG
CLOSING DATE: 31 March 2024