Join us as an Associate Member today and be part of the BID community.
Businesses can join the 630+ businesses in Southampton who are striving to make the city better for business. They are all part of GO! Southampton, the Business Improvement District (BID) for the city.
Often referred to as “Voluntary Membership”, we like to think of voluntary BID businesses as “Associates”. GO! Southampton’s Associate Membership scheme allows businesses which are not automatic BID members to contribute to the GO! Southampton mission. There are many benefits to supporting the work of the BID, utilising economies of scale and business cost savings combined with partnership working and a greater sense of community.
Associate Membership Benefits:
- Business Cost Reduction Service: Our savings team will review your bills and report areas where you could be saving money. Many of our levy payers have saved significant money on their energy, telecommunication, merchant fees and water bills.
- Business events: Opportunities to get involved in city-wide events as well as having access to business events, networking and city centre history tours.
- Marketing: Promotion of your business through our Visit Southampton consumer channels including social media and website content.
- Marketing: Promotion of your achievements through our GO! Southampton business communications including social media and email bulletins.
- City analytics: Access to reports and data on city centre statistics
- Business intel: Be added to our business email bulletins, providing local information and opportunities including business grants.
- Have a voice: Your voice will also be represented in GO! Southampton lobbying and campaigning on behalf of businesses. Over the years GO! Southampton has initiated policy changes in the city, having a positive impact on businesses for years to come.
- Intelligence portal: Included in your Associate Membership, is access to the GO! Southampton online business crime intelligence portal. See our Benefits page for more information on DISC.
- Radio scheme hire: Associate Members are eligible to hire radios through our low-cost radio scheme, managed by the Southampton Business Crime Partnership. This radio scheme links businesses to CCTV footage and enables direct, fast contact to additional support [support organisations dependant on the location of your business]. See the dedicated SBCP page for radio scheme pricing.
- Pest Control: Save 10% off your first service from Southampton City Council.
- Annual meeting: You are invited to visit our office for a coffee and catch up. This will help us both to make sure you are getting the most from your membership. We will also have regular contact with your team to provide our services.
- Employee Training: Your employees can join the online Business Training Hub, with over 200 courses. Attend live training webinars and receive a certificate of completion. Courses include Customer Service, Retail Management, Microsoft Excel, and Metal Health First Aid.
Business within the BID area will also be eligible for:
- Cleaning: Enhanced street cleaning services including doorway hot washes and graffiti removal.
- Environmental issues reporting: Our Ranger team can report environmental issues such as pavement slabs lifting. They work closely with the council services to try and get these fixed promptly.
- Security Support: Our security team are in the city centre to help with tackling crime and anti-social behaviour incidents. They work closely with other crime prevention schemes by GO! Southampton to address these incidents longer-term.
- Job listing: GO! Southampton will list and promote your job roles.
Associate Membership with GO! Southampton is a fixed fee of £300+VAT per year.
Every penny of Associate Membership supports Southampton city centre through the work of GO! Southampton.
GO! Southampton’s mission includes improving the local economy, promoting Southampton as a destination city and improving the city centre experience.
Become an Associate BID Member:
If your business would like to become an Associate Member, email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have made contact, we will:
- Make sure BID Associate Membership is right for your business.
- Send you an Application Form and BID Membership Form.
- Send you an invoice for £300+VAT.
- Meet with you to personalise the benefits to your business.
Although there is no fixed criteria for Associate Membership, this package is best suited to bricks ‘n’ mortar registered businesses within the Southampton City Council ward.