GO! Southampton’s Ranger Team
Go! Southampton’s own distinct branded rangers have quickly become an identifiable and valuable city centre resource. Their work includes:
- Welcoming visitors to Southampton and offering city centre information
- Acting as human signposts, directing people to where they need to get to
- Gathering data of customer profiles and how the city centre is being used
- Reporting city centre issues to key partners and stakeholders who can act on them (Southampton City Council, SOBAC and Hampshire Constabulary to name a few)
- Carrying out visits to our levy payers to let them know about BID initiatives and how they can get involved
Meet the Team
I have lived in Southampton for the last three months and I am originally from Romania. I am continually discovering Southampton’s hidden heritage with connections to Jane Austen, the Titanic and other historical events such as the Mayflower 400 that make Southampton a perfect destination for visitors.
I have three years’ experience in the hospitality sector, 2 of which were within Southampton-based hotels. These experiences have improved my knowledge of the local area and what Southampton has to offer visitors. I am also a local resident and I am proud to call Southampton my home. Through my work as a ranger I am looking forward to improving the city and ensuring visitors have a great city experience.
I am Southampton based and have gained over 17 years of Customer Service experience in both the retail and hospitality sectors. My role as a Street Ranger is very diverse and rewarding, from reporting environmental issues to welcoming and directing tourists. No 2 days are ever the same! I hope to make a real difference to the City so that Southampton is an even better place to work, live and visit.