We have a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Night Warehouse Operative as a Gatekeeper at our Southampton store on a permanent basis.
For this role, it is essential that you have a grasp of incoming and unloading processes within a Logistics / Warehouse role.
Scheduled closing date: December 2023.
Interviews for this role will be held between 10am – 12noon.
WHAT WE OFFER
• IKEA is a Living Wage Foundation Employer £10.90 an hour. An additional £2.25 per hour nightshift allowance applies for hours worked during the nightshift period (22:00pm – 06:00am).
• 39 hours a weekly, over 5 days in 7, which includes working alternative weekends.
• The earliest start times would be 22:00pm and the latest finishing times would be 06:30am, working roughly 8-9 hours within this time.
• Flexibility on availability to be discussed during interviews.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day, and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs.
• Affordable breakfast, lunch and dinner options (including free healthy meals), as well as snacks and desserts in our staff restaurant.
• 15% staff discount on all of our IKEA products and access to our Discounts Portal to help you save £100s on high street retailers.
• Free on-site co-worker parking at our IKEA store.
• We provide you with our lovely IKEA uniform and all the tools you need to work with us.
• Holiday on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as well as an end of year present.
• A wide range of family-friendly policies and benefits, including generous annual leave.
• Commitment to your development at IKEA starting from day one.
• Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal.
• Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions, and interest free loans.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
You care about making a positive impact in the world. We are looking for proactive and energetic individuals, who are not afraid to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment. We are on the lookout for someone who has great communication skills, attention to detail and enables a successful shopping experience for our customers by ensuring that our products are in the right place at the right time.
• Ability to communicate confidently and clearly.
• Experience working through others, setting priorities, delegating responsibility and giving open and honest feedback.
• Experience setting and implementing action plans and providing clear direction and following up goals.
• Experience leading in a changing environment with a commercial focus balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
• Problem solving and proactive ways of working.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY-TO-DAY
You will work on a tactical and operational level, and get things done, as well as help to establish and maintain relationships built around trust and the IKEA Values. You will work to check trailers operate safely, and ensure trailer stands are secured. Logging received damages and recording trailer arrival & departure times. Attention to detail is key for this role.
A key part of this role is to ensure the accuracy and quality of stock received into the store. So, you will be naturally analytical and able to assess situations and products you handle.
The Gatekeeper is responsible for ensuring that all our stock that arrives at the store is to the highest standard. Although we don’t meet our customers face to face, we play an important part in ensuring our customers can purchase high quality, undamaged products.
We expect you to take responsibility to ensure a safe working environment for yourself, your co-workers, and our customers.
We are looking for someone who has good IT skills and a customer service mindset. You will have the ambition to grow within IKEA and to help develop others too.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step: Please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Second step: If successful, you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to help!
To apply follow link below :
Please note, the job expiry date is estimated. If you are interested in this role, do not delay applying.
Location: W Quay Rd, Southampton SO15 1GY
CLOSING DATE: 01 December 2023