We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced:
Full Time Technician
Join us and become part of the Mayflower Theatre’s continued success and reputation as one of the leading in-house technical teams in the region.
With a wide range of shows incorporating most genres of live entertainment performed on our stage, this role would be suitable for a candidate with proven experience in a similar position or professional background from the live entertainment industry.
The role of the Technician is to support the Technical Management team (Stage Manager & Chief LX) in the smooth running of all aspects of the Technical Department, ensuring that all Technical, Facilities and Health and Safety aspects of the department are delivered to the highest standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To participate in the smooth running of all fit-ups, rehearsals, performances, changeovers and get-outs as directed by the SM / Chief LX.
- To be able to function in any appropriate position as part of a show crew.
- Unloading and loading of set / scenery and technical equipment.
- To maintain accurate equipment inventories and ensure all technical areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Working with and operating lighting, sound, staging and flying systems
- Ensure our visiting company requirements are delivered, ensuring excellent customer service is always maintained.
- Supervision of casual technical staff.
It is essential that you have experience of working within the backstage area of the professional live entertainment industry, with a good understanding of technical theatre and general stagecraft and the ability to learn the operations of lighting, sound, staging, and counterweight flying equipment.
Our ideal applicant will be an excellent team player with attention to detail, who is able to work unsociable hours at any time of the day/night on a rota basis.
168 hours worked over a 4 week period. The rota includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Salary £27,589.57 per annum plus TMA get outs.
How to apply:
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the People & Culture Team either by email to the below address or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
Working for Mayflower Theatre:
We are committed to ensuring a fair process for all candidates from a diverse background. Please see our website for more details and also if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form please contact the P&C Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
Closing date: 26 January 2024
To apply please click on link below :
Please note, the job expiry date is estimated. If you are interested in this role, do not delay applying.
Location: MAST Mayflower Studios, 142, 144 Above Bar St, Southampton SO14 7DU
CLOSING DATE: 14 November 2021