Sales Engineer - Martin's Rubber
Are you an engineer with a passion for selling technical solutions?
Would you enjoy influencing design choices and supporting clients throughout a project?
Are you an ideas person with the drive to make things happen?
We provide high-end, bespoke rubber products for industries at the cutting-edge of technology such as aerospace, motorsport and Industry 4.0 manufacturers. Our solutions and materials are often required to operate reliably in extreme conditions such as at high temperatures, under pressure or in corrosive environments. We manufacture in low to medium volumes, to high tolerances and quality requirements and in a range of technically demanding materials and configurations.
We are looking for an individual with ambition, and you will be joining us during a growth phase and working with an established sales team who already service a number of high-profile international clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and interpreting customers’ technical requirements
- Supporting and educating customers in selecting the appropriate materials and solutions to meet their needs
- Development of opportunities with customers/industries
- Negotiation of pricing and contractual terms
- New business development and growth of key accounts
- Product costing, project management
- Supporting marketing with new initiatives and sales projects
- Liaising with internal sales staff and technical support
- Networking and development of commercial contacts
Ideal candidates will have experience of selling engineered products into an industrial client base and it would be a bonus if that experience relates to elastomers, polymers or composite materials so that you can get stuck in from the get-go.
Because our clients expect our sales engineers to be able to talk to them about their challenges and our proposed solutions, a core level of technical ability is a must-have, and this would ideally include a mechanical engineering degree or equivalent although an academic qualification is not essential if you can demonstrate experience in the field.
To apply or to find out more visit: https://www.martins-rubber.co.uk/were-recruiting
Location: Martin's Rubber, 30 Orchard Pl, Southampton SO14 3PE
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2023