Vision Express - Various; Retail Optical Assistant, Assistant Store Manager and Pre-Reg 2024
Vision Express, you’ll assist our customers in finding and selecting eyewear that meets their needs. You’ll help with frame adjustments, repairs, and fittings. Additionally, you may perform some pre-screening eye examinations and administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, supporting the phone lines from customer queries and processing payments.
Overall, your goal is to provide excellent customer service and ensure that our customers leave happy, with eyewear that fits properly and meets their vision needs. You’ll play a key part in our mission of helping our customers to ‘See More and Be More’ by providing tailored and effective service, to help customers maximise their visual potential and enhance their lifestyle.
Who are we?
We are Vision Express – with over 550 stores across the UK and Ireland, we have something for everyone. Whether you want to work in a busy city centre flagship, a smaller village store or in one of our coastal locations, we’re sure we will have the perfect solution for you!
Who is the perfect candidate?
- Provide excellent customer service, with the ability to provide personalised assistance to customer and address their needs and concerns
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining accurate customer records, prescriptions, and requirements to provide them with the best service and product recommendations
- Ability to work as part of a team, with colleagues across the whole store
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
- Knowledge and understanding of our optical products and services, including frames, lenses, and contact lenses, and the ability to inform customers about them and promote our products and services to help towards your store targets
- Arrange and maintain the stores look and feel, keeping it organised and stocked, to provide a visually appealing environment for our customers, in line with the store marketing guidance.
Anything else you should know?
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance – 2 x your basic annual salary
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts throughout the year for your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support and everything in-between
- 33 days annual leave – increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash Plan, Additional Life cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Opportunities to join a company wide community with peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Flexible lifestyle benefits, such as Gymflex, Dining Cards, discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!
How to apply
To apply, click here.
Location: West Quay Shopping Centre, Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1QD
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2023