Hampshire Constabulary [Various roles including Police Officer, Call Handler and Investigation]
- Police Officer
- Call Handler
Would you like to play a critical in helping Hampshire Constabulary with their purpose of making ‘You, Your Family, and Our Communities Safer’.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary’s purpose is to strengthen the trust of all our communities through our delivery of fair, thorough, transparent and ethical policing and to enable us to keep our communities safer by relentlessly pursing criminals and putting our victims first, all through exceptional local policing.
None of this can be done without the support of Police Staff. You will join our team of operational analysts working on both quantitative and qualitative analysis, focussing on tactical delivery from both a proactive and reactive standpoint. You will be involved in a range of analytical work across all areas of policing topics from crime affecting Hampshire’s & Isle of Wight residents, understanding how we police our communities ethically and effectively as well as analysing demand on our resources. It is about collecting, exploiting, assessing and interpreting a range of overt and covert data and information sources, delivering valuable, influential analysis and insight to tackle threat, risk and harm. You will also be directly influencing intelligence and evidential lines of enquiry, playing a vital role in bringing offenders to justice
You will enjoy problem-solving, working with data, prioritising and identifying issues, whilst learning to draw inferences allowing for sound decisions. An understanding of statistical analytical techniques would be beneficial as well as experience in Microsoft excel being essential.
Flexibility and creativity in your thinking are key, as well as taking ownership to develop and learn a variety of topics and being innovative in how you solve problems. You will be a vital part of a multi-faceted team, you will need strong collaboration and negotiation skills, plus a talent for communicating clearly and concisely.
Importantly, you will be someone who can build the bigger picture from the tiny nuggets of information you will unearth to support Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary’s vision of an excellent service for the public.
As an analyst you will:
1. Carry out operational and organisational analysis using qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of internal and external sources, in order to develop analytical products and briefings, develop inferences and test hypotheses for complex challenges the Force faces including an accurate understanding of threat, harm, risk and opportunity, and their organisational or operational context.
2. Collaborate with customers to identify and assist problem solving; be a subject matter expert in analytical tools and techniques, and use professional expertise and evidence to influence others across the force.
3. Prepare and present the results of analysis in the most suitable format to all relevant parties, such as internal colleagues, outside organisations including CPS and by giving evidence in court
4. Propose recommendations which are appropriate and proportionate, reviewing in light of new information
5. Liaise with and work in partnership with other organisations, to maximise the sharing of insight and develop the Force’s analytical capability.
For more information regarding the role please click here.
• Experience of innovative and creative approaches to problem solving
• Experience in planning and conducting analysis of complex information
• Effective report writing and presentation skills, with experience in delivering to all levels of an organisation
• Experience and confidence to debate complex issues in high level meetings
• Ability to use own initiative and possessing good time management skills
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with proven experience of forming and maintaining internal and external relationship
• Proven experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
Competencies and Personal Qualities
Contact details for an informal discussion
Please contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on 02380 451611. Or Caroline Mercer on 07787 412780
Please note that the email address you supply when submitting an application will be used for contact throughout the full lifecycle of that vacancy. You will not be able to amend your contact details. You should therefore ensure that you choose an appropriately accessible email address, being mindful that the process may take several months for some roles.Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary is an inclusive employer and strives to have a workforce representative of the communities we police and serve. We recognise that we are not fully representative and are working to address this imbalance through a variety of initiatives.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Constabulary is an equal opportunities employer that positively promotes flexible working, enabling officers and staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance whilst meeting operational requirements of the constabulary. We actively encourage applications to be made on a full time, part time or flexible working basis.
The Equality Act 2010 allows us to promote equality within Hampshire and Isle of Wight Constabulary by adopting Positive Action to support people from under-represented groups. Our aim is to recruit talented people with a diverse range of skills and experience and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Positive Action team are available to provide support through the application and assessment process by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Disability Confident campaign aims to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that people have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. We will accommodate requests for reasonable adjustments where possible throughout our recruitment and promotions processes and encourage anyone requiring reasonable adjustments to disclose this at the earliest opportunity.
Please note, the job expiry date is estimated. If you are interested in this role, do not delay applying.
Location: Southampton Central
CLOSING DATE: 31 December 2023