Head of Sales & Marketing - Mayflower
Level: MTT_Executive Management
Deadline: 07/08/2022 23:59
Benefits: Great benefits
Job Type: PERM
Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent not for profit theatre in the south of the UK and presents a wide range of shows including large scale musicals, opera and dance.
We are looking for an experienced individual who has worked at a senior level in a similar environment to provide effective leadership and direction to our Sales and Marketing Team and join our Executive team.
As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will:
- Assist with setting organisational objectives.
- Assist with the development of the theatre’s business plan and corporate strategy.
- Create a department strategic plan.
- Assist with the determination of key operational issues.
- Attend Executive meetings, chair and be minute taker as per rota.
- Provide reports to the Chief Executive for including in the quarterly Board reports.
- Attend Board meetings, as required.
- Provide Executive weekend cover as per the rota.
- Take responsibility for those elements of the risk register as identified and report to the Board on an annual basis.
- Take responsibility for the strategic planning of Leadership team holidays and days off to ensure adequate cover in the operation.
- Ensure team appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Take an active role in the H&S activities of the theatre.
- Facilitate team away days.
- Represent the organisation at a city and national level at appropriate forums.
- Coordinate customer service responses for your department.
- Devise and lead the overall marketing and sales strategies for both venues
- Effectively lead the teams, including coaching and development of team members.
- Be responsible for the management of all aspects of marketing activity for the theatre including its subsidiaries Mayflower Enterprises Ltd and Mayflower Productions (Southampton) Ltd, and for MAST.
- Be responsible for ensuring effective use and maintenance of the in-house customer database to grow the businesses to their maximum potential.
- Steer and lead the development of database and Box Office technology, including to lead the implementation of software and database related tools for the organisation.
- Ensure first-class, cost-effective service in the sales team, including efficient provision of a face to face box office at MAST.
- Lead regular reviews of all marketing and sales processes and activities to ensure effectiveness, and maximising profit, including pricing and inventory analysis.
- Effectively manage relationships with touring companies to ensure excellent customer service.
- Lead the digital and website communication strategy.
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with external providers, to drive effective campaigns and gain maximum value.
- Liaise with local and regional organisations to develop new diverse audiences for Mayflower Theatre and MAST Mayflower Studios.
- Be responsible for leading the development and adherence of corporate identity policy for both brands.
- Be an active leader in cross departmental project teams, such as diversity and equality, wellbeing and social groups as appropriate.
- As appropriate, assist in the ticketing for local partners’ arts events.
- Be designated Data Protection Officer for Mayflower Theatre and MAST Mayflower Studios, ensuring adherence to the Data Protection Act/General Data Protection Regulations across the company
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience, extensive people and budget management experience.
- Demonstrable senior leadership experience in directing and motivating high performing teams, including setting and achieving ambitious targets.
- Experience in project management, database systems and delivering successful audience development strategies.
- Experience in setting, monitoring and reporting against budgets, and in ongoing evaluation and reporting on projects.
- Data protection knowledge and applied experience
- Degree level or equivalent preferably with an Arts, Marketing or Business qualification.
- Evidence of continued professional development
How to apply:
The recruitment process at first stage will include an aptitude test and an in person interview. You must be available for a first interviews on either Friday 8 July or Tuesday 12 July at Mayflower Theatre, Southampton.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please go to www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/mayflowertheatre
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: Sarah Houston Head of HR email@example.com
Location: Mayflower Theatre, 22-26 Commercial Rd, Southampton SO15 1GE
CLOSING DATE: 07 August 2022