Head of Charities- Paris Smith
We are one of the leading firms in the South and our firm acts for some 200 charities and education establishments providing a wide range of advice and services.
The team consists of 15 lawyers who have specialist knowledge in the charities and education sectors.
In 2012, the firm set up the Charity Forum which now has 400 members, and which provides advice, training and support free of charge to charities and the not-for-profit sector in the South of England.
The successful candidate will head up the firm’s Charities team comprising 15 lawyers. The Head of the team is also responsible for managing the firm’s Charity Forum (see above).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
- advising charities on governance, responsibilities, and liabilities of trustees;
- setting up and managing charities;
- a full understanding of the role of the Charity Commission and experience of dealing with the Commission;
- mergers, collaborations and acquisitions;
- a general understanding of property and corporate issues affecting charities; and
- a general knowledge of the issues facing the sector.
A knowledge of education law and practice, in particular relating to academies and education establishments which are charitable is an advantage.
Other relevant information
The firm has a strong record of supporting charities in its local communities. In addition to the Charity Forum, the firm’s staff nominate a Charity of the Year. The firm provides support in many ways to local organisations and many of the firm’s partners and staff are trustees of charities and governors of schools and colleges.
Location: 1 London Rd, Southampton SO15 2AE
CLOSING DATE: 31 March 2024