Customer Safety and Security Officer - Mayflower Theatre
Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent theatre in the south of the UK and on our stage are a wide range of shows including large scale musicals, opera and dance. We are looking for a Customer Service & Security Assistant to join our busy, friendly Front of House team to support the Duty Manager in the smooth running of all FOH security activities.
Deadline to apply: 02/06/2022 23:59
Benefits: Great Benefits
Job Type: PERM
Ideally, you will have:
- Provide a professional and courteous manner on issues with customer safety and security across the theatre building, liaising with customers as required.
- Protect theatre property and staff by maintaining and overseeing a safe and secure environment, and by providing a highly visible presence.
- Observe/pre-empt signs of crime and/or disorder and investigate disruption and disturbances. To detect, deter, observe and report accordingly
- Ensure the health, safety and security of the building, customers and staff, at all times;
Our ideal applicant will:
- Have a good level of education
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous proven security experience (SIA licence holder an advantage)
- Proven experience in a customer facing role
- Be an excellent team player
- Be a self-starter and show initiative
Hours are 1300 per year (average 25 per week) mostly evening and weekends. Salary up to £10.28 per hour plus benefits. This is a permanent contract of employment.
Interviews will be held at Mayflower Theatre.
How to apply:
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/ . Applicants need to be over 18 due to licensing laws.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team either by email to the above address or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
Working for Mayflower Theatre
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates so please see our website for more details.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Location: Mayflower Theatre, 22-26 Commercial Rd, Southampton SO15 1GE
CLOSING DATE: 02 June 2022