Customer Service Adviser - Santander
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose – to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
For our customers, you’ll be more than just the friendly face of Santander. You’ll be a listener and problem solver. Whether you’re helping someone with a simple cash transaction or protecting your customers against fraud and scams, you’ll never know what the next challenge will be.
What’s not in doubt is that you’ll have plenty of support. Life in a branch can be busy and challenging, so we’re a close-knit team.
You’re the eyes and ears of our business after all.
The difference you will make:
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers in branch
- Assisting with day-to-day transactions, queries and servicing
- Building relationships and finding solutions
- Developing your knowledge of services and products to help our customers
- Identifying new ways to improve the customer experience
What you will bring:
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Excellent listening, communication and numeracy skills
It would also be nice for you to have:
- A real desire to go above-and-beyond for customers
- Effective team working skills with a flexible, can-do approach to work
- Ability to explain new technology where it truly benefits a customer
What else you need to know:
- The role is based in our Southampton branch.
- This is a part-time role of 21 hours per week working across Monday to Saturday.
- Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework – to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we’ll reward you:
In addition to your salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs. For part-time roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Receive a £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 26 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
- What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply: Link to apply
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
LOCATION: Southampton, United Kingdom
CATEGORY: Customer S&S: F2F (NEW)
DATE POSTED: 05/11/2021
JOB ID: Req0881585
For more information: Santander Careers
The expiry date listed for this role is for record purposes only. It does not reflect when this role will close/ interview. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.
Location: Santander, 57 Above Bar St, Southampton SO14 7DZ
CLOSING DATE: 17 January 2022