A good bar back will work seamlessly with the bartenders. It’s a damn shame that’s not you kid. It’s day one and you don’t know a pint glass from a hole in the ground. A bar back is an apprentice Bartender. Once you’ve earned your stripes on the floor you are now in charge of looking after par levels and stock for the bartenders. It’s a stressful job with very little thank yous, but it’s a crucial time to learn about spirits, the layout of the bar, and also to absorb some of the personalities and ways in which people serve and handle the bar. Successful candidates must:
- Work well under pressure, and in a fast paced environment
- Have excellent communication skills; this is the key to a successful bar
- Superb attention to detail
- Not be afraid to dig deep and work their ass off
- Use their initiative
What’s in it for you?
- Great rate of pay
- We’re an independent business; less red tape and way more fun!!
- Full training from bar backing, flairing, fire breathing all the way to national competitions
- Trips out to distilleries, and the like
- Join a small family of enthusiastic people, that work hard and party harder
The best bar backs make the best bartenders, so if you feel you’ve got what it takes to grind into the early hours of the morning, we’d LOVE to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the form below.
The below closing date is estimated. If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP. This role may be removed before the closing date listed here.
Location: Orange Rooms, 1-2 Vernon Walk, Southampton, SO15 2EJ
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021